Dr. Keki M. Mistry
Dr. Keki M. Mistry is a leading light in the field of Dentistry. As a founding member of the Indian Orthodontic Society, he created the concept of the first WHO Oral Health Day.
Dr. Keki Minocher Mistry graduated in 1957 from Bombay University in Dental Surgery at the top of his class with distinction in four out of seven subjects.
Dr. Keki M. Mistry then secured his post-graduation Masters in Orthodontics, with two major distinctions, from Illinois University,Chicago- USA. He then went on to also get his Masters from London University- UK and was conferred the Doctor of Medicines from the Open International University at Copenhagen,Denmark. He has also obtained his Diplomat of Dental Public Health from the Royal College of Surgeons of London (UK).
Primary Focus Area
A LIFETIME DEVOTED
TO ORAL HEALTH
Much loved, respected and recognized, Dr. Mistry was awarded the prestigious national Dr. B. C. Roy Gold medal and award for medical social work in India which he received from the hands of the then Prime Minister of India. He went on to receive numerous prestigious awards including the Bharat Udyog award for his work amongst industrial workers, the National Hind Gaurav Award and the Mother India award for his work for children.
Dr. Mistry was a consultant on the advisory board of oral health for WHO and pioneered the World Health Day dedicated to oral health in 1994. He received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Indian Orthodontic Society, The Indian Dental Association and The National Dental Students Association for his excellence and hard work. Dr Mistry is also the President of the Asian Pacific Dental Federation and the Vice President of the International College of Continuing Dental Education.
Today, Dr. Mistry is the Chairman of the Centre for Advanced Dentistry in Kemps Corner, Mumbai, where he is ably assisted by his children, his son Dr. Rushitum and his daughters Dr. Saiesha and Ms. Kainaz clinic coordinator. He also loves to teach and is a Professor of Orthodontics at GDC Mumbai. He has worked as the Director and Dean at D.Y. Patil Dental College and was awarded the Doctorate of Literature from the University as well.
An Overview of Dr. Keki's Expansive Work
- Hon. Professor and Head – Dept. of Orthodontics at the Government Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai.
- Director & Dean at D. Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital, Navi Mumbai.
- Treasurer of The Asia Pacific Regional Organization (29 Countries).
- President of The Indian Dental Association.
- President of Indian Orthodontic Society of which he is Founder Member -1965.
- President of the International College of Dentists.
- Treasurer of the Asia Pacific Regional Organization.
- President of the Asia Pacific Dental Federation (29 countries APDF/APRO).
- President of Maharashtra State Dental Council.
- Professor Emeritus, University of Mumbai in Orthodontics at G.D.C & H, Mumbai.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors – Dr. Mistry Centres for Advanced Dentistry , Mumbai.
- Director International College of Continuing Dental Education – Singapore.
- Honorary Adviser R.A. Academy of Education- D.Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital.
- Trustee, Sri Sathya Sai Trust Maharashtra looking after medical, educational & service activities.
- Parsee General Hospital, Mumbai.
- Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Railway Head Quarters Hospital, Mumbai.
- Bhabha Atomic Energy Commission, Mumbai.
- Indian Armed Forces Dental Services
- World Health Organization (WHO-Oral Health)
- The prestigious Dr B C Roy Gold Medal & National Award.
- W H O Recognition Award.
- Asian Pacific Dental Federation Merit Award (5 times).
- Indian Dental Association Merit Award.
- International Distinguish Medical Professionals Award (Cambridge, UK).
The Gentle Giant who Shaped India's Smile
I am humbled, gratefull and delighted that my students – now my colleagues – family, relatives and friends have decided to pen their thoughts about a life that has spanned 80 years.
I’d like to take this opportunity to dedicate this book to my dear students and the future generation of Orthodontists who will take this profession to still higher levels.